617-625-1191 (press “0” for Reservations)
Reservation hours 9 am – 1:30 pm, Monday through Friday
167 Holland St, Somerville MA 02144
Click here to visit us on Facebook
- Adult Day Care. SCM provides round-trip service for the clients of seven area adult day care programs.
- Medical Dial-A-Ride. With one phone call, area seniors and persons with disabilities can reserve rides to a full range of medical services including cancer treatment centers, dialysis, local doctors’ offices and major area medical centers. The 1,500 one way trips we provide to doctors’ offices each month result in fewer missed appointments and thus better health outcomes for individuals. SCM’s riders are relieved of the problems of traffic, parking, treacherous walkways, or needing to ask family, friends or neighbors for a ride.
- Grocery Shopping. SCM provides multiple weekly grocery shopping trips for seniors residing in Cambridge, Somerville, Everett, Medford and Malden. We assist dozens of seniors in each community, provide door-to-door service and carry bags of purchases for our riders.
- Meal Site. SCM takes seniors to their local Councils on Aging to socialize with others and enjoy a hot meal
- Paul’s Ride. SCM uses private donations to provide trips to our riders separated from their loved ones in the hospital or in a nursing home. These trips provide a double benefit, as they assist both the person receiving care and their family member.
- Quality of Living. When funding is available or on a fee for service basis, SCM also provides personal and group outings and excursions. By removing the transportation barrier, these trips allow our senior citizens to enjoy some of Greater Boston’s most engaging cultural attractions. These trips help keep folks active in their communities, reduce isolation and increase engagement.
- RIDE Relief. SCM has partnered with the Massachusetts Department of Transportation in a demonstration project to provide free, demand specific transportation to individuals who are unable to afford the cost of the MBTA’s RIDE program.