We are always looking for reliable drivers!
General Job Description
The Driver is the front-line provider of service for the organization. The Driver is responsible for the safe, considerate, and efficient transportation of all riders under his or her care and for maintaining a professional, courteous demeanor when interacting with staff, program coordinators, and riders.
- Operates the vehicle, two‑way radio, and other equipment in a safe, proper, and legal manner at all times.
- Provides all riders with courteous care and assistance from door to door throughout the service area, and reports all incidents or potential problems to an Operations Supervisor or the Driver Supervisor, as appropriate.
- Reliably adheres to the schedule, and operates in conformance with all policies and procedures.
- Cleans the vehicle as necessary, performs daily vehicle inspections, and reports problems.
- Maintains accurate records of all trips, including riders, times, mileage, fares and donations, and other data, as directed.
- Attends trainings and maintains up‑to‑date certifications, including a MA Drivers License; Chapter 7D Certificate; First Aid, CPR, Defensive Driving, and Passenger Assistance Techniques; and other certifications as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to drive a van and maintain a valid MA Driver’s License.
- Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills, particularly with senior citizens and persons with disabilities.
- Familiarity with the Greater Boston road network.
- Ability to pass a Department of Transportation physical exam.
- Ability to manually raise/lower a fifty‑pound wheelchair lift, to physically support and assist all riders whether ambulatory or in wheelchairs, and to carry riders’ parcels and grocery bags; all of the above determined by a medically-administered back exam.
- Sound moral character, as evidenced by a satisfactory criminal record screen and ability to pass a drug test.
- Excellent driving skills, as evidenced by a satisfactory Driving Record.
- Ability to operate a two‑way radio.
- Prior experience in a paratransit, social service, or elder service organization.
- At least one year’s experience as a professional driver.
- High school degree.
Call Sam Marcucci at 617-625-1191, ext. 105.